INFINITI UroGen QUAD Assay
Sample Type and Volume:
- Half of all non-gonococcal venereal diseases are caused by Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma.
- Ureaplasmas and Mycoplasmas are found in 70% of sexually active humans!
- These microorganisms cause 50% of all Non-Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU)
- They are often not detected in plate Culture & difficult to identify under microscope.
- They take a long time to grow & require complex media for isolation.
- These pathogens also exhibit differential antimicrobial susceptibility
Simultaneous detection of multiple microorganisms associated with various sexually transmitted infections and vaginitis facilitates immediate treatment of patient.
- E.A. Freundt The classification of the pleuropneumonia group of organisms (Borrelomycetales) International Bulletin of Bacteriological Nomenclature and Taxonomy, 1955, 5, 67-78.] (See page 73)
- D.G. Edward, E.A. Freundt Proposal for Mollicutes as name of the class established for the order Mycoplasmatales Int J Syst Bacteriol 1967 17: 269-272.
- Ryan KJ, Ray CG (editors) (2004). Sherris Medical Microbiology (4th ed.). McGraw Hill. pp. 409–12. ISBN 0-8385-8529-9.