INFINITI HPV-HR QUAD Assay
Sample Type and Volume:
- Over 100 HPV types have been identified.
- 14 genotypes are considered High-Risk (HR) for their strong association with cervical cancer.
- The absolute risk of developing a cellular abnormality after High-Risk HPV infection varies across ethnicities.
- Genotyping offers superior Sensitivity and Specificity over that of conventional screening.
- Type 16 & 18 behave differently than other HR types.
- Discrimination between persistent and new infection requires knowledge of genotype.
- Following persistent type specific infections is a central part of management.
- HPV DNA testing should be used as a follow up test for:–Women with ASCUS/LSIL pap–Women with CIN1 or negative colposcopy but prior ASC-US or LSIL –After treatment for CIN2 and CIN3
- Co-testing of HPV DNA along with cytology for women over 30 is recommended.
- Dunne, et al. – JAMA; MMWR Weekly – Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Insinga, et al. – Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev., 2009
- Lazo, et al – Brit J Cancer 1999 80(12):2008-18
- Corden, et al – Mol Pathol. 1999 52(5): 275-82
- Rush, et al – J Virol. 2005 79(18):12002-15
- ACOG Practice Bulletin #109