INFINITI HPV Genotyping Assay
The INFINITI HPV Genotyping Assay is CE Marked.
The INFINITI HPV Genotyping is designed to detect 26 human papillomaviruses.
The INFINITI HPV Genotyping utilizes the HPV Genotyping Intellipac, HPV Genotyping Amp Mix and HPV Genotyping BioFilmChip Microarray.
The INFINITI HPV Genotyping Assay can be automated by the INFINITI Analyzer.
HPV types: 16, 18, 26, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 53, 56, 58, 59, 66, 67, 68, 69, 73, 82, 6, 11, 30, 34, 70, 85
- Multiplexed determination of 26 human papillomaviruses with a single sample.
Load & Go automated on the INFINITI/INFINITI PLUS Analyzer.
Replicate determinations on a single BioFilmChip Microarray ensures quality results.
Sample Type and Volume:
- Over 100 HPV types have been identified.
- 14 genotypes are considered High-Risk (HR) for their strong association with cervical cancer.
- The absolute risk of developing a cellular abnormality after High-Risk HPV infection varies across ethnicities.
- Genotyping offers superior Sensitivity and Specificity over that of conventional screening.
- Type 16 & 18 behave differently than other HR types.
- Discrimination between persistent and new infection requires knowledge of genotype.
- Following persistent type specific infections is a central part of management.
- HPV DNA testing should be used as a follow up test for:
- Women with ASCUS/LSIL pap
- Women with CIN1 or negative colposcopy but prior ASC-US or LSIL
- After treatment for CIN2 and CIN3
- Co-testing of HPV DNA along with cytology for women over 30 is recommended.
- Dunne, et al. – JAMA; MMWR Weekly – Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Insinga, et al. – Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev., 2009
- Lazo, et al – Brit J Cancer 1999 80(12):2008-18
- Corden, et al – Mol Pathol. 1999 52(5): 275-82
- Rush, et al – J Virol. 2005 79(18):12002-15
- ACOG Practice Bulletin #109